Treating Substance Abuser And Family
10 slide power point presentation, include a introduction slide and reference slide which is not part of the 10 slide power point.
In text citations
Absolutely no plagiarism
Follow the rubrics cube and answer all of the necessary information as well as elaborate on the information provided.
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Treating the Substance Abuser and his Family Presentation
Harvey is married and has 2 teenage children. Harvey has been heavily drinking on a regular basis for the past 10 years. In the past his wife often covered for him with his job, and usually made excuses for him with his children and his friends. Harvey has not attended his son’s baseball games this year, and he missed his daughter’s performance in the school play due to having been passed out from drinking. At this time, he is at risk for losing his job due to excessive absences, and he was recently arrested for a DUI. Harvey has realized that his drinking is adversely affecting all aspects of his life and he is ready to quit.
Create an 8-10 slide Power Point presentation to discuss treatment plans for Harvey and his family. Use the speaker notes in the slide show to further discuss the topics on each slide. In addition make sure you have a title slide and a slide with references (in APA format). Please reference at least two peer-reviewed journal articles in your presentation along with appropriate information from the assigned weekly readings. In your presentation:
Evaluate the following methods of treatment and develop a treatment plan for Harvey: Alcoholics Anonymous, Transactional Analysis, and Family Systems Therapy.
Please: Provide an assessment of Harvey’s situation and what he needs from treatment.
Evaluate and discuss the at least one pro and con of each of the following treatment methods: Alcoholics Anonymous, Transactional Analysis and Family Systems Therapy.
Develop a treatment plan for Harvey:
Choose at least one of the above treatments for the plan.
Address at least two issues that Harvey needs to resolve in treatment.
Include at least three steps for Harvey’s recovery.
Explain Brief Strategic Family Therapy and when it is used. Next, do the following:
Develop a treatment plan for Harvey’s wife.
Address her specific needs as the spouse of a substance abuser.
Include at least three steps for her recovery.
Take care that this plan is specifically addressing her recovery, and not how she can help Harvey recover.
Develop a treatment plan for Harvey’s children: Address their specific needs as adolescent children of a substance abuser
Include at least three steps for their recovery.
Recommend at least two substance use prevention strategies aimed at adolescent children of substance abusers.
Choose one of the following cultures: Hispanic, African American, or Asian American, and analyze how being a part of this culture might affect Harvey and his family’s treatment and recovery. Explain at least two issues present in treating substance abuse within that culture.
Submit your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Week 5, Day 5. Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Maximum Points Assessed Harvey’s situation and what he needs from treatment. 24
Evaluated and discussed at least one pro and con of each of the following treatment methods: Alcoholics Anonymous, Transactional Analysis and Family Systems Therapy. 36
Developed a treatment plan to address two of Harvey’s issues that include at least three steps for one of the previously mentioned plans. 44
Explained BSFT and when it is used. 24
Developed a three step treatment plan for Harvey’s wife addressing her specific needs as the spouse of a substance abuser, taking care that this plan is specifically addressing Harvey’s wife’s recovery, and not how she can help Harvey recovery. 36
Developed a three step treatment plan for Harvey’s children addressing their specific needs as adolescent children of a substance abuser. Recommended at least two substance use prevention strategies for children of substance abusers. 32
Chose one of the given cultures and explained at least two issues present in treating substance abuse within that culture. 40
Organization (Introduction, Thesis, Transitions, Conclusion) 16
Usage and Mechanics (Grammar, Spelling, Sentence Structure) 16
APA Elements (Attribution, Paraphrasing, Quotations) 24
Style (Audience, Word Choice) 8
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Treating Substance Abuser And Family