This assignment relates to the following Course Learning Requirements:
CLR 1 – Define the economic problem and explain the different types of economic systems that have been used to allocate resources and distribute output.
CLR 2 – Analyze how the market system allocates resources.
CLR 3 – Assess the economic, political, and institutional forces affecting the distribution of in income in Canada today.
CLR 4 – Examine the performance of the macroeconomy over time and explain the link between this performance and the problems of unemployment and inflation.
CLR 5 – Analyze the economic factors that affect the level of aggregate economic activity over time.
CLR 6 – Evaluate government policies to stabilize the macroeconomy.
CLR 7 – Analyze Canada’s international economic relationships, including trade polices, and examine their impact on the domestic economy.
Objective of this Assignment:
To demonstrate how Canada’s trade deals with the United States impacts the microeconomy and macroeconomy of Canada.
1. To prepare for this assignment, review the content in Modules 1 to 13.
2. Conduct research about Canada’s trade relations with the United States focusing on pre-1994 trade relations, the NAFTA trade deal in 1994, and current (2018 – present) proposed changes to NAFTA to create the new USMCA trade deal.
Analyze the impact of changes in NAFTA to the Canadian economy on both microeconomic and macroeconomic levels as the new USMCA trade deal moves toward its planned implementation on June 1, 2020.
1. Describe 3 main highlights of the original 1994 NAFTA agreement focusing on Canada’s trade relations with the US. The highlights should generally describe benefits each country planned to receive from NAFTA.
2. Describe 3 main changes proposed in the re-writing of NAFTA that will eventually become the new USMCA.
3. Using your knowledge of microeconomics learned from this course describe how you think the USMCA will impact the microeconomy of Canada. For instance:
– What industries in particular would benefit?
– How will the lives of every day consumers be impacted?
– What will be the effect on prices for goods and services in the industries impacted by the USMCA?
4. Using your knowledge of macroeconomics learned from this course, describe how you think the USMCA will impact the macroeconomy in Canada. For instance:
– How will these relations impact income distribution in Canada?
– Will Canada’s GDP be positively or negatively impacted? Provide reasons.
– How will the USMCA impact unemployment and inflation in the first year it is implemented?
5. Refer to your response in question 2. above. Provide an opinion on how the Covid-19 Pandemic will affect each of the 3 changes proposed. Provide reasons to support your opinion.
6. Provide 1 new trade policy you think the Canadian government should include in the USMCA. How will this new policy economically benefit Canada and individual Canadians? What economic benefits would there be for the US?
7. Your assignment is to be submitted in MS WORD format. It should be submitted with the following guidelines:
· Provide your answer in a report format between 2,000 and 2,500 words for questions 1 to 6.
· Include a cover page with the course code and course name, the assignment number, the title of your assignment, your student ID, your name, the instructor’s name, and the date the assignment is created.
· Ensure the first page of your assignment has the title at the top of the page and the sections of your report have headings and subheadings to chunk your paper into sections for each of the topics you are writing about.
· Font should be either Calibri or Arial, 12pt. Text must be single spaced.
· Any graphs, charts, or diagrams that you wish to include must be referenced in the report and placed in an appendix to your report. These do not replace the word requirement.
· You must cite all your sources of information using APA formatting.
· Create a separate reference page that lists all of your sources that you have cited in text. Sources include software used. Also, personal communications from a professional in the field count as a reference source. For citation and referencing examples, see https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
The following Course Learning Requirements apply to this assignment:
CLR 1 – Define the economic problem and explain the various types of economic systems that have been used to distribute output and allocate resources.
CLR 2 – Examine the allocation of resources by the market system.
CLR 3 – Analyze the economic, political, and institutional forces influencing today’s income distribution in Canada.
CLR 4 – Analyze the macroeconomy’s performance over time and explain how this performance relates to unemployment and inflation issues.
CLR 5 – Examine the economic factors that influence the overall level of economic activity over time.
CLR 6 – Assess government policies for macroeconomic stability.
CLR 7 – Examine the impact of Canada’s international economic relationships, including trade policies, on the economy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more