Solve the following logical puzzle by Lewis Carroll
1. Solve the following logical puzzle by Lewis Carroll:
The Dodo says that the Hatter tells lies.
The Hatter says that the March Hare tells lies.
The March Hare says that both the Dodo and the Hatter tell lies.
Who is telling the truth?
2. Determine which of the following mathematical statements is/are true:
a) Exactly one of the statements in this list is false.
b) Exactly two of the statements in this list are false.
c) Exactly three of the statements in this list are false.
d) Exactly four of the statements in this list are false.
e) Exactly five of the statements in this list are false.
3. Four athletes – Ann, Bea, Carol, and Dorothy – went out one morning and ran a race. At
the end of the race, they made the following statements:
Ann: “I didn’t come in first or last.”
Bea: “I didn’t come in last.”
Carol: “I was first.”
Dorothy: “I was last.”
If only one of the four girls is lying, who won the race?
4. There are three boxes, exactly one of which contains a prize. Each box has a label with
a visible statement on it, and exactly one of the statements is true. Gold box label: “The prize is in this box.”
Lead box label: “The prize is not in the gold box.”
Silver box label: “The prize is not in this box.”
Which box contains the prize?
5. You are an intergalactic explorer visiting a distant planet home to aliens that are known
to be either Truth-tellers or Liars. These are the only two types of alien species on this
planet. Aliens who are Truth-tellers only make true statements, while aliens who are
Liars only make false statements.
Alphie and Bettie are two aliens you encounter on your visit.
a) Suppose Alphie tells you “Both of us are Liars.” To which species do Alphie and Bettie
b) Suppose, instead, that Alphie tells you “At least one of us is a Liar.” To which species
do Alphie and Bettie belong now?
6. Albert Einstein said that 98% of the world’s population could not figure out the following
logic problem. Can you do it?
There are 5 houses each with a different color. In each house lives a person of a
different nationality. Each owner drinks a certain beverage, smokes a certain brand of
cigarette, and keeps a certain variety of pets. None of the owners have the same variety
of pets, smoke the same brand of cigarette, or drink the same beverage.
• The Brit lives in the red house.
• The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
• The Dane drinks tea.
• Looking from in front, the greenhouse is just to the left of the white house.
• The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
• The person who smokes Pall Malls raises birds.
• The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
• The man living in the center house drinks milk.
• The Norwegian lives in the leftmost house.
• The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
• The man who keeps a horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
• The owner who smokes Blue masters also drinks beer.
• The German smokes Prince.
• The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
• The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
Who owns the pet fish?
AMP 425 Grand Canyon Week 2 Complete Work
SOC 220 Topic 5 Discussions GCU
ACC 650 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work
Personal Mythology Statement
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more